Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Writing Objectives

Student Objectives

So far in class things have been crazy. We are covering so much information and things are moving way to fast. However, the reading for this week is one that clarifies what is being taught. This week’s topic is writing good objectives, but before we can do that we must understand what clear objectives are.
According to Newcomb, “Objectives help teachers decide what is truly relevant and worthy of students’ learning versus that which is “nice to know”.” Being in the agricultural field when I find a topic that I am really excited about I want you to know everything there is to know. However, this is not important. Being an effective teacher means that you have to pick out the most important information and present that to the students.


Along with presenting the information to the students, a good teacher also reads/has the objectives posted for the students to see. I remember in my school days, I would be sitting in class trying to figure out why I was there and what I was to be learning. Having those objectives posted gives the student the end picture and lets them focus on what they are to be learning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment